Cuban Chicken With Yellow Rice
photo by Chef Petunia
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package yellow rice
- 1⁄2 lb frozen peas, do not thaw
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides until golden and almost done. Remove to a plate, sprinkle with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Pour water into skillet and add garlic. Bring to a boil and add rice and stir. Add chicken back to pan on top of rice and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon peas and roasted red pepper over top. Cover again and cook 3-5 more minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved this. We kept some without the red peppers for the 10 year old, who then gave it two thumbs up. I added sliced green olives because I love them. Because of that, I skipped the salt. This was very easy and a great meal. I cannot wait to eat the leftovers tomorrow at lunch. My co-workers will be so jealous!
Looked tasty, but very bland. Neither of us ate all of what I put on our plates. Sure didn't taste like Moms. Is possible I did something wrong, but I used all he ingredients listed and followed the steps carefully, as I've never made this before. Have eaten it, so I know what it should taste like. Will have to doctor the leftovers.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food and I love to cook. I enjoy trying new and different foods and ingredients, enjoy traveling, festivals that gear toward food or drink, camping and being with family & friends. I am a serious cookbook and recipe collector, love my felines and try to balance my life to live to it's fullest.