Zucchini Cole Slaw
Yet another way to use the abundant garden zucchini. The dark green skin adds color contrast to the slaw.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage or 1/2 head red cabbage, grated
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the zucchini, carrot, celery, pepper, and cabbage in a large bowl.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper to taste; pour over the veggies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a great way to use zucchini and the guests were just as surprised. Our squash was very large so we shredded it, added 6 shredded carrots, 4 stalks celery, 1 green pepper and a whole napa (chinese) cabbage. We thought the dressing was too tangy and added some sugar but was not blown away. The following nite, I added some creamy slaw dressing to it after draining excess liquid and it was still crunchy and much better.I would add some red cabbage next time for added color. This was a great side dish for the pig on a spit party.Reply
I was looking for a recipe to use the excess grated zucchini I had prepared. Although I didn't have all the ingredients (no carrot or celery), I went ahead and tried it, using Chinese cabbage instead of white or red. It was absolutely delicious! My husband, who doesn't normally like zucchini salad, loved this recipe. The grated zucchini worked well in this recipe - the bonus is that it's much quicker to grate it in the food processor than to julienne it. It also stayed very crispy for 3 days in the frig. This is a keeper for sure!Reply