Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
A light, delicious dish combining whole grain,vegetables, and lean beef. Using a variety of bell pepper(red,yellow,green) adds color pleasing to the eye.A can of drained sliced mushrooms also accents this casserole. Omit salt,as it is provided by the bouillon. Wholesome and healthy.
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef (round, is My choice, the leaner the better)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped (or a mix of red,yellow, and green)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup raw brown rice (DO NOT USE INSTANT VARIETY)
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red hot sauce (Tabasco type)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Brown ground beef in a non-stick skillet.
- Remove beef from skillet and drain.
- Return beef to skillet adding vegetables and rice.
- Cook over medium heat until rice is golden brown (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in beef bouillon,hot sauce, and parsley.
- Heat to boiling,simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour skillet mixture into a 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
I loved this! It reminded me of something I once had... My siblings suggested adding corn or mixed veggies next time, which I agree would taste pretty good. So, I recommend this for a yummy meal that will please all! Bec