Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from German chef Tim Maelzer and it is not only easy and quick to prepare, but also delicious and rather healthy, too. :) He prepares the recipe with carrots, but all we had were bell peppers, so used those. Feel free to play around with veggies and spices...
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 150 g whole wheat penne (or other shapes)
- 100 g cream cheese (low-fat is fine)
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk (optional)
- black pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan. Add onion and bell pepper and sautee for 5 minutes. Add curry powder and sautee for another 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and return to the pot.
- Stir cream cheese into veggies and add this mixture to the pasta in the pot. Season with pepper to taste and if sauce is not thin enough, add the milk.
- Serve. :).
Perfect pasta meal for a vegetarian night! Loved the peppers in this...used red/and yellow. I also used a bit of skim milk, and added 1 garlic clove. Dressed with paprika, (sweet) and added a good dash of sea-salt. I couldn't stop taking little bites prior to serving it was that good! Thanks for such lovely recipes, loula!
Delicious! I added spicy Italian sausage (for the fun of it!)... I think you could add just about any meat. I also used 95% fat free cream cheese and it was just fine. Thank you for this great recipe. I will be making this one often.
Whats not to love about this delicious dish. I used 95% fat free cream cheese and fat free milk yet it tasted rich and satisfying :D. Supper easy and by the time the pasta is cooked the sauce is ready and waiting. I wish I'd had colored peppers instead of just green right now but that lack sure didn't hurt the taste any at all.