Curry Sausage German Style (Currywurst) from German Chef
photo by sonnyu28
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) package hot dogs
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced (or onion powder)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 ounce water
- Dice onions very very small (or use onion powder) and saute in olive oil or butter.
- Ad all other ingredients except the water and stir constantly while heating for 5 minutes.
- Ad water and reduce heat to a small simmer.
- Ad sugar if needed (the sauce should be on the sweet side with just enough kick from the curry and the cayenne).
- Cut hotdogs into bite size pieces and saute golden brown. (if you use brats saute or grill brats in one piece and dice when done).
- Pour curry sauce over sausage pieces on the plate, sprinkle some curry powder on top.
- Best served with french fries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!