Crock Pot Mushroom Chicken
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 10mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 small potatoes, sliced thin (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Mix soup, teaspoon of mix and milk in a small bowl. Pour over chicken. Add potatoes if desired.
- Cook on high for 1 hour. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours until chicken is tender. During last 15 minutes of cooking time, stir in sour cream.
- Note: Soup and dressing mix provides some salt to recipe. But if using potatoes, add salt and pepper to taste.
Join The Conversation
This was good and very easy to make. I used six breasts for my family and doubled the rest of the ingredients. I made this on the stove top instead of the crock pot. I didn't add the optional potatoes. I thought it could have used more seasoning, maybe next time I would add a packet of ranch dressing.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Thanks for taking the time to stop by My Page! I am married to a quiet, but fun loving guy who cleans up the kitchen!! I have grandchildren who I adore. I am retired from being a paralegal and a real estate agent. I have also been a substitute teacher for the elementary grades in the public school system. All of my recipes are the tried and true type. Many of them have come from my 48 years of cooking, my mother's recipe box or other relatives. I like Taste of Home magazine and I am a big fan of foodnetworkTV. I am a southern girl and enjoy comfort foods!!! I am a big cookbook collector and have been for years. I enjoy baking desserts most of all. I also enjoy games on my laptop, growing flowers, lunches with friends, babysitting grandchildren, photography and traveling. Since life is so short I try to count my blessings each day and give to the less fortunate. I had gotten into a rut on what to cook. Therefore, I am so happy I found the Recipezaar site. Pet Peeve: People with a negative attitude. MY RATING SYSTEM: 5 stars - Excellent in taste. May have minor change. 4 stars - Adjustment in ingredients for flavor. 3 stars - Fair, but not sure whether I would repeat. 2 and 1 stars - I do NOT give. Zaar EVENTS IN WHICH I PARTICIPATED: Aus/NZ Swaps #15,#16 April, May 2008 Aus/NZ Swaps #20#21#22 Sept Oct Nov 2008</p>