Balsamic Mushroom Chicken
photo by Mika G.
- Ready In:
- Dust the chicken lightly with flour and brown in 1 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken, set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and saute the garlic cloves and mushrooms about 3 to 5 minutes, or until most of the moisture from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add the vinegar, broth, bay leaf and thyme; cook about 5 minutes over medium heat until reduced slightly.
- Return the chicken to the pan, cover, and simmer another 2 to 4 minutes or until cooked through but not overdone.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very nice! I reduced this in half for the two of us, and used huge, meaty fresh shiitake for the mushrooms and a mix of dried savory and thyme so I could make this without needing to buy anything... I did thicken the broth a bit with arrowroot as I had to use rice flour to dredge the chicken, and it doesn't thicken much. We enjoyed this very much.
My boyfriend and I made this for dinner over the weekend. Simple to make and very delicious! We used white sliced mushrooms and a bit more garlic. We also doubled the amount of sauce we made. SO GOOD! Served this with a mushroom risotto (from the box). Thanks for a great date night meal I'll make again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>