Bacon Mushroom Chicken
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour melted butter into a 9x13-in baking dish.
- Add chicken, skin side down, sprinkle with seasoning salt and garlic.
- Turn chicken over, season and lay bacon strips on top.
- (If using 4 breast halves, cut bacon pieces in half.) Sprinkle with mushrooms.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove chicken, bacon and mushrooms to a platter and keep warm.
- Pour juices from baking dish into a small saucepan and whisk together with cream over low heat until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have to say I saw this recipe and could not wait to try it. This recipe is unbelievably simple and the combination of flavors are fantastic. I did add alot more mushrooms and I was so glad I did as the mushrooms roasted in the drippings and the taste was incredible. DH fell in love with this one as did I. Thanks for sharing Mark! Good job!
I made this last night and dh, 6 yr. old & I loved it. The mushrooms made the sauce's awesome taste! I had 2 big chicken breasts that I sliced in half, split 3 thin slices of bacon, added 2 cloves of garlic, added an extra tablespoon of butter, and subbed 1% milk thickened w/about a t. of cornstarch for the cream. (My cream had gone bad.) I also used the full 16 oz. of mushrooms which I quartered. This recipe is a keeper. Thanks for posting, yooper! Update: I made again using half-n-half and the sauce separated. It wasn't smooth like when the milk/cornstarch were used. I will make it that way the next time.
Very easy recipe. I made it with turkey bacon and a cup of mushrooms. I also made it with skim milk instead of heavy cream...I just added a little flour to make it thicker. I think because my turkey bacon had smoke flavor added, it was a little off. Next time I'll try real bacon or something with less fake flavor.