Recipe by Lainey39
This recipe is from Weight Watchers Ultimate Flex & Core Cookbook. To save time chopping, you can use 1 cup each of frozen onions and frozen chopped green bell peppers instead of the fresh onion and bell pepper, but I like the fresh. This recipe will serve 4 at 4 points per serving. Each serving is 1 1/2 cups soup and 2 tortilla chips.
Top Review by hedgiehog
Don't let the short cooking time fool you, the soup is packed with flavour! The only substitution I made was the bell pepper, I used red. Also added taco seasoning instead of chili.
Fantastically quick, nutritious and full of flavour.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 8 large baked corn tortilla chips, coarsely broken up
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, corn and chili seasoning mix; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the chicken and cilantro or parsley.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.