1/4 Photos of Warm Potato Salad With Beer and Mustard Dressing
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
Posting for ZWT6 German/Benelux region. Known as Kartoffelsalat, this side dish is popular throughout Germany. Use pale lager when preparing the salad, as a darker beer will discolor the potatoes. Recipe is from myrecipes.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet pickle
- 2 tablespoons beer
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1To prepare salad, place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool. Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch slices. Combine potatoes, red onion, and next 6 ingredients (through 2 tablespoons vinegar); toss gently.
- 2To prepare dressing, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3/4 cup yellow onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add 3/4 cup beer and next 4 ingredients (through pepper); bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 6 minutes).
- 3Place mixture in a food processor. Add mustard to food processor; process until smooth. With processor on, slowly pour remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil through food chute, processing until smooth.
- 4Pour dressing over potato mixture; toss gently.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Potato Salad With Beer and Mustard Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 323.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g