German Apple Walnut Bundt Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups peeled & diced apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil (or you can use safflower oil)
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice (100% natural is best)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoons cinnamon; set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups sugar, oil, apple juice, vanilla, and eggs. Beat at high speed until smooth. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in chopped walnuts and apple mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350F for 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake is firm, well browned, and begins to pull away from pan edges. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Good sprinkled with confectioners' sugar before slicing and serving.
Join The Conversation
Wonderfull recipe wich I have been making with pleasure. Most of times I substitute the sugar and use honey, even for the walnuts and cinnamon. It makes a delicious flavor and it smells all over the appartment. First time I bought a natural apple juice, but since the second time I use apple and a mixer to make the apple juice, which makes the cake more soft. Delicious, I do not use sugar or any top, the cake for itself is one of the best cakes which i have eaten.