Recipe by Mom2Rose
The name says it all--an easy cake with a cream cheese layer gets a hot-fudge finishing touch. This cake needs to cool about 30 minutes before serving.
Top Review by Laura O.
I made this to use up a jar of raspberry preserves I got for Christmas. Like my kids said (and they love anything sweet) - it's not bad, but it's not good. This is a contender on the 2008 Pillsbury Bake-Off. We will not be making this again, and it is not getting my vote. The bottom brownie layer is really fudgy because it doesn't seem like it cooks all the way, which I think is the way it is meant to be?
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) boxpillsbury classic milk chocolate brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) jarsmucker's chocolate fudge topping
- 1⁄2 cup fresh red raspberries
- fresh mint sprig
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and 2 of the eggs 50 strokes with spoon; pour into baking dish.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and jam with electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed.
- Beat in remaining 2 eggs, the sour cream and vanilla until well mixed (mixture will be runny).
- Pour over brownie batter.
- Swirl mixtures slightly with a spoon or tip of knife for marbled design.
- Bake 35 to 50 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is puffed and set when lightly touched.
- Warm jar of fudge topping as directed on label.
- Pour evenly over cake, spreading to cover if necessary.
- Cool 30 to 45 minutes before serving. Garnish with raspberries and mint sprigs.
- Serve with ice cream if desired.