Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mother always made dressing from scratch with the dried bread, etc. Well a couple of people who married into the family or are friend told me they have never liked my dressing (my mom's recipe)...they both prefer Stove-Top. I'm like yuck!!! I always make from scratch...so this was a compromise and to be honest I think better than moms....ssshhhh!!
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes chicken stove top stuffing mix
- 1 (49 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped finely
- Open stuffing mix boxes and empty into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Add onion and celery. In a separate bowl beat the eggs and add both soups. Add to stuffing mix and stir completely. Begin adding chicken broth slowly. Wait a few minutes in between pours for the mix to soak it up. When you are done you want very wet to just about soupy in texture. Bake at 350 for about an hour or until set.
So good.!! I also added only about 30oz of broth. But PERFECT other than that. Great recipe
Made this and it was delicious, and my family loved it.
I love this recipe,used it for Christmas dinner believe me it's bookmarked! Thanks A Bunch!! Jessica