2 hrs 30 mins
I love Turkey and I love soup, so there's no way I'm getting rid of that Turkey carcass. This is my basic chicken soup recipe with Turkey instead. The garlic and tomato sauce add terrific flavor and nice color. I'll eat it all year round.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 leftover turkey carcass
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth, plus water to cover, about 8 cups
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 5 stalks celery
- 2 large carrots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh seasoning (parsley, thyme or personal favorites)
- 1Add finely chopped onion, (2) celery stalks and garlic to 2 T of vegetable oil in a soup pot.
- 2Sweat until tender.
- 3Add turkey, remaining chicken broth, tomato sauce and water.
- 4Also add fresh herbs, garlic salt and pepper.
- 5You may add more water if necessary.
- 6Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
- 7Strain soup into another pot removing the flavoring vegetables, and carcass.
- 8Return broth to soup pot.
- 9Remove meat from the carcass and add to broth.
- 10Chop remaining and celery into small pieces and add to soup.
- 11You may also add additional turkey leftovers at this point.
- 12Return to a boil and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- 13Put the carrots in 45 minutes before finishing.
- 14Serve with fine egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Soup
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.0
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 522.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: