Bon Appetit, February 1993.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups sliced leeks (3 large leeks, white and pale green parts only, halved lengthwise and sliced)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/3 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon sweet marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 2 tablespoons long-grain white rice
- 1 lb turkey cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- fresh sage leaf (optional)
- 1Combine leeks, 1/3 cup chicken stock, sugar, bay leaf, dried thyme and dried sage in heavy large skillet.
- 2Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat until leeks are very tender, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Uncover and cook until golden brown and liquid evaporates, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes.
- 3Discard bay leaf. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm before using.).
- 4Combine 1/3 cup Marsala and currants in bowl. Let stand 30 minutes.
- 5Place remaining 1 2/3 cups chicken stock in heavy small saucepan. Strain Marsala from currants into stock; reserve currants.
- 6Bring stock mixture to boil. Add white rice, reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is very tender, about 30 minutes. Drain rice; reserve stock mixture.
- 7Transfer rice and 1/4 cup stock mixture to blender and puree. Add remaining stock mixture to blender and puree until sauce is smooth.
- 8Heat heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season turkey with salt and pepper. Add turkey to skillet and saute until cooked through and golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- 9Transfer turkey to plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
- 10Add sauce, currants, remaining 1 T Marsala and orange zest to same skillet and bring to a boil. Cook until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- 11Spoon leek mixture onto plates. Top with turkey. Spoon sauce over. Garnish with fresh sage leaves, if desired.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Scaloppine With Leeks, Currants and Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 136.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 31.7 g