Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on another website, it is courtesy of LPGA World Hall of Famer Nancy Lopez. A very good low-fat chili.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended Tabasco)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, sauté chopped onions, minced garlic and chopped bell peppers in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with crackers and cheese.