Turkey and Brown Rice Chili
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, in sauce undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook turkey and onion in oil, stirring frequently, until turkey is no longer pink; drain.
- Mix turkey & onion with remaining ingredients except rice in a 3 1/2 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8-10 hours (or high heat setting 4-5 hours).
- Stir in rice.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting about 15 minutes or until rice is hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!