Weight Watcher's 2 Pts Slow Cooker Beef Chili
photo by abby d.
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 20mins
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced chilies or 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- black pepper
- Cook the ground beef and garlic in a nonstick skillet breaking apart the meat with a spoon until well browned; drain off any fat very well, then return to skillet.
- Add in the bell peppers; cook until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the chili powder and cumin and stir to coat.
- In the slow cooker, mix together tomatoes, beans, sweet onion, chilies and tomato paste, then stir in the beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until flavors are blended (about 4-5 hours).
- Season with black pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is so very close to my chili recipe of choice that I have to give it 5 stars! I did use a yellow bell pepper in place of the red, cuz that's what I had. I like the idea of letting it cook in the crock pot. There was no need to be stirring it all day. I got lots of yard work done and dinner was really with just a side of corn bread. Very yummy and it's WW friendly. Ok, I had twice the points 1/2 cup just did not do it for me. I must be a full cup woman. :) Thanks for posting.
see 8 more reviews