1/3 Photos of Thai Shrimp Curry
Galley Wench's Note:
This is one of Emeril's recipes however, I've cut a corner or two by using purchased red curry, which you should add according to taste. NOTE: Here's RZ suggested substiution for Fish Sauce: 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce = 1 tbsp fish sauce; 1 tbsp soy sauce = 1 tbsp fish sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallot
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium carrots, trimmed and shredded
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons chopped Thai basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- cooked jasmine rice, accompaniment
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro, garnish
- 1In a large wok or saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the shallots, bell peppers, carrots, and garlic, and stir-fry until soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 4Stirring, add the fish sauce and sugar, then the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- 5Simmer until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- 7Remove from the heat and stir in the basil and cilantro.
- 8Serve over jasmine rice, garnished with cilantro sprigs.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Shrimp Curry
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.1
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 1419.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 59.2 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste