Recipe by Todd@weekofdinners.com
A very easy to make dish, serve with steamed brown rice.
Top Review by GarryBillson
This is a really great combinations of tastes and textures. The ingredients did not look like they would work when I started this but I and my guests where surprised at the outcome. It has a sweet over flavour but a truly wonderful dish. I have noted in my recipe book that the next time I must try with some chicken breasts strips and also to add fresh coriander at the end. I also found that I had a little too much liquid in my dish when it was ready so I spooned out the prawns/shrimp and calamari so as not to over cook and then reduced the broth before adding them back. Superb
- 340.19 g large shrimp
- 340.19 g squid rings
- 473.18 ml coconut milk
- 236.59 ml tomato puree
- 118.29 ml diced red pepper
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 44.37 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml Thai red curry paste
- 236.59 ml eggplant
- 236.59 ml diced onion
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml lime zest
- 8 basil leaves
- 44.37 ml canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat canola oil in a large pot or wok.
- Add onions and eggplant and cook until eggplant is cooked through (about 5 minutes). Add peppers and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add shrimp and calamari and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add rest of ingredients and bring up to a boil while stirring.
- Immediately turn off heat.
- Serve with steamed brown rice.