Recipe by GaylaV
This is the recipe my Mom used for S & S Ribs. It is so nice served on rice and a side of stir fried vegetables. Super easy, super good!
Top Review by BarbryT
Gol, these are about the best (nonbarbecued) ribs I've had in my life! Completely outstanding. I too used fresh pineapple and, in the absence of consomme, used beef stock. I will be making this frequently!!
- 1360.77 g pork spareribs (cut into individual ribs)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 396.89 g can pineapple chunks
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 44.37 ml soya sauce
- 118.29 ml white vinegar
- 283.49 g can consomme
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ribs in a large frying pan. Add onion.
- Drain excess fat. Add mushrooms. (optional). Add the pineapple and the juice.
- While the ribs are browning place all the rest of the ingredients from the brown sugar to the consomme into a small saucepan to make the sauce.
- Stir the sauce constantly until it comes to a boil. Pour over the rib combination.
- Cover and simmer for about 2 hours, until the ribs are tender. Enjoy!