Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just the perfect appetizer for entertaining. Delicious!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup progresso Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- chopped parsley
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat (optional)
- Clean mushrooms.
- Remove stems and insides and chop.
- Melt butter and add onions and chopped mushroom pieces and saute until tender.
- Add breadcrumbs, cheese, Worcestershire sauce and crabmeat (if using).
- Spoon mixture into mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- You can adjust the amounts of bread crumbs, cheese and Worcestershire sauce to your personal preferences.
These are really yummy! I added a garlic clove to the mushroom mixture when it sautéed. I also added about a half cup of mozzarella cheese and then topped it with a little cheese as well at the parsley and paprika. Here's a tip.. use a melon ball-er to scoop out the mushrooms. Next time I am going to try it with feta cheese like DotM did..
excellent The only thing different I added feta and cheddar cheese instead of parmesan. Will make again
This was really easy to make. My eleven year old did most of the work. We also topped it with grated cheese.