Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 -2 lb white button mushrooms
- 1 -2 head garlic
- melted butter
- sliced French bread
- Clean and remove the stem from the mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms in baking dish, preferably one that can be placed on the grill.
- Add a clove of garlic to each mushroom cap.
- Drizzle melted butter into each mushroom cap.
- Cover the pan with foil.
- Place the pan either in a 350 degree oven or on the grill.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Serve as an appetizer with french bread.
- Don't forget to dip the bread in the garlic infused butter left in the pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are delicious! Roasted garlic is delicious on its own, but when combined with mushrooms it turns into something sublime. I tried sour dough and italian bread dragged through the butter, and much prefer the sour dough! This recipe gives twice....the sauce for the bread and the deliciousness of the mushrooms and garlic. Thanks for sharing!
This was simple and delicious. Following other's posts I too chopped the stems with extra garlic and sprinkled around the caps. I drizzeled with a combination of butter and EVOO. The one thing the recipe doesn't list is seasoning, a sprinkle of Kosher salt and [epper made a huge difference in the flavor. I don't know how much butter other's are using, but I didn't have any left in the dish to dip into. I also removed the foil at the end for about 10 minutes. Made for "Eating Well in the Photo Forum" Nov 2010
see 10 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a mom with three kids ages 10, 8 and 6. Between carpooling for school, dance, soccer, gymnastics and music lessons, doing daycare for a 1 year old neighbor boy, sewing 150 costumes for the Annual Christmas Pagent, and working a part time job for a car dealership, I really don't have much time to add my own recipes, but I really enjoy all of yours. Maybe when my kids graduate from High School in 8, 10, and 12 years (but who's counting) I will have time to do a better job. Seriously, I love being a MOM and enjoy every minute of my time with my kids.