Recipe by Dana-MMH
Quick, easy, and delicious! I have also used this same recipe to make stuffed tomatoes.
Top Review by angelfan
These were just right. The only change i made was to add some garlic. The cheese on top was just the crowning touch. I will for sure use this recipe again and again.I will also think of Dana each time i make it!
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off tops of green peppers, remove centers and discard.
- Cook peppers in boiling water for approximately 5 minutes.
- Drain and set peppers aside.
- Saute onion in butter until tender, add ground beef, cook until browned, drain well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except for the cheese.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture and place in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle tops of green peppers with cheese and bake until cheese melts.