1/1 Photo of Spicy Shrimp With Hot Chili Peppers
This is one of the most delicious shrimp stir-fry dishes, even better than any Asian restaurant!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml dry sherry or 29.58 ml rice wine
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml minced fresh garlic, to taste (lots is better!)
- 14.79 ml fresh minced ginger
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 680.38-907.18 g uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml sugar, to taste
- 22.18 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 44.37 ml dry sherry or 44.37 ml rice wine
- 9.85 ml rice vinegar
- 6 small chili peppers or 4.92 ml crushed dry red pepper flakes, to taste
- 59.16 ml oil, divided
- 14.79 ml minced fresh garlic, to taste
- 354.88 ml green onions, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cored, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 7.39 ml sesame oil
- 1In a bowl, combine all marinade ingredients; stir in the shrimp until evenly coated; marinate for 20-25 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, blend together all sauce ingredients.
- 3Slice the chili peppers in half lengthwise, and scrape out the seeds with the tip of a knife, then cut the peppers into 1/4-inch pieces (I use rubber gloves for this, watch your eyes, these are HOT!).
- 4In a large wok or large heavy skillet, over high heat, add in half of the marinated shrimp; stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp turns pink; remove.
- 5Heat 1 Tbsp oil in the same wok/frypan, and stir-fry remaining shrimp in the same manner; remove.
- 6Wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
- 7Heat the remaining oil in the same pan.
- 8Add the chili peppers and garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds, or until peppers start to turn brown.
- 9Add in the green onions and bell pepper; stir-fry 1 minute.
- 10Add in the sauce mixture; cook, stirring until sauce boils and thickens.
- 11Stir in the shrimp and sesame oil.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shrimp With Hot Chili Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.9
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 1113.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: