Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Stir-Fry (Low Fat)
Asian chili-garlic sauce may be found in the Asian section of any major supermarket or in any Asian grocery store, If you like more heat then increase the red pepper flakes, but be careful as the chili-garlic sauce is spicy also! The shrimp needs to marinate for 30 minutes, prep time includes marinating time, you may want to double this it very good!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon asian chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 7 green onions, cut into about 1-inch pieces
- In a bowl toss shrimp with sherry, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth; whisk to dissolve the cornstarch; set aside.
- In another small bowl combine soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce and sugar; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil a wok or large heavy frypan.
- Add in the red bell pepper and stir-fry until crisp-tender (about 4 minutes).
- Add in the shrimp (coated with marinade) and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in green onions; stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add in soy sauce mixture, and the cornstarch/broth mixture; cook until thickened (about 1 minute).
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with rice.