Recipe by Sharlene~W
Reminds me of Chile Verde. Very tasty.
Top Review by Sue Lau
The chops in this dish came out tender, moist, and delicious! The rice was very tasty without being overly tomato-ey like boxed Spanish rice, and the spices gave it an excellent flavor, without being overpowering. I think boneless chicken would be nice in this dish also! I would definitely make this dish again! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 lbs pork chops (4 chops approximately 1-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2⁄3 cup rice
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chops in oil over medium-high heat, about 8 minutes.
- Add onions and green pepper to pan; cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Add tomato, garlic, spices, salt and rice and stir 1 minutes.
- Add stock, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chops and any accumulated juices.
- Cover and cook until rice is done and chops are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with olives and parsley.