Pork Chops and Spanish Rice
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Wipe chops with damp paper towel and trim off all fat.
- Rub the inside of a large pot with fat from the pork chops.
- Brown the chops in the pot and remove as they are browned.
- Pour off fat.
- Place 3 chops in the bottom of the pan.
- Top with half of the onion slices and green pepper strips.
- Repeat with the rest of the chops, onions and green pepper strips.
- In a bowl, combine consume, tomato juice, water, mustard, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over chops.
- Sprinkle raw rice around meat.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I LOVE to cook and eat and read cookbooks. My kitchen really does overfloweth with them and of course this has quickly become my favorite cooking site! I live with my husband in a small town in eastern Connecticut. We are both retired. My children are all grown and have families of their own now. Our 3 grandchildren and 1 great-granddaughter all live in Florida and it goes without saying that we miss them very much, so when my husband retired last year we celebrated by buying a small RV! We so enjoyed driving it to Florida to spend the holidays with the little ones. Although COVID has prevented us from repeating the trip this year, I am enjoying learning new recipes to make in our RV for next year. I think the Instant Pot and the Crock Pot will be my new best friends while traveling!