Recipe by cookiedog
From Paula Deen and the Food Network. I am posting this for the Zaar World Tour III.
Top Review by A Good Thing
If there were more than 5 stars, we would give them to this superb recipe! I made a single serving for my own dinner last night and ended up having to share with 2 others... However, I am headed back to the store for more shrimp today and I'm going to make it again so I can have a whole bowl to myself. This is a winner and really reminds me of home. I especially love the spiciness in the rice. (: Made for Photo Tag. Thanks, cookiedog, for sharing this yummy, yummy recipe.
- 2 tablespoons shrimp boil seasoning
- 2 lbs shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and deveined
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- paprika, for garnish
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- tomatoes, wedges for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.Tie shrimp boil in a cheesecloth and add shrimp boil sachet to boiling water. Add shrimp and boil for 4 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and reserve shrimp boil water. Chop shrimp into bite size chunks and place on paper towels to cool.
- In the reserved shrimp boil water, add the rice, and cook until tender for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain rice in colander and allow to cool. Add onion, olives, and pepper to rice, and stir in the mayonnaise.
- Add the cooled dry shrimp to the mixture and blend well.
- Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with lemon and tomato wedges.