Southern Potato Salad
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb potatoes or 6 -8 potatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook potatoes in covered pot with boiling water 40 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut into small pieces.
- Separate egg whites from the yolks. Chop egg whites.
- In a large bowl, stir together potato, egg whites, 1/2 tsp salt and green onions.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks in a small bowl; add in mayo, pickle relish, mustard, and pepper; stirring until well blended.
- Gently stir yolk mixture into potato mixture; adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill 2 hours (it is even better if you can chill this overnight and serve the next day).
- Sprinkle with Paprika before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My life journeys have brought me to over 1,500 locations worldwide and still counting. I have worked and lived the last fifteen years throughout Eastern Europe, Middle East, North Africa and Asia, and currently reside in the Philippines with plenty of opportunity to explore Southeast Asia. A beach bum at heart, you will usually find me enjoying beautiful remote tropical beaches.