Simple Southern Potato Salad
- Ready In:
- 8 -9 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped pickle
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 -4 tablespoons mustard
- after peeling and dicing potatoes place them in a large pot to boil until tender.
- drain the potatoes, add pickles, onions, and eggs then mix in mayo until its the desired consistancy.
- mix in mustard.
- salt and pepper to taste.
Join The Conversation
This is the way my Mother always made her potato salad and my sister and I have continued to do the same except we both add sour cream to the mayonnaise. Do so to your preference. Since my husband doesn't care for the pickles, I don't add them anymore. I also sprinkle just a bit of paprika on the top to give it a bit of color. People have asked me for my recipe and say its the best they've ever had, so I guess I'll keep doing it this way.