Black Bean and Sweet Potato Salad
This is a great, easy recipe! It comes from Everyday Food. I packed it for my lunch and I'm really impressed by the flavor. Great for a side dish or light meal.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon cumin
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 1 pound total)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with cumin, red-pepper flakes (if using), salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast on lower rack, until tender, tossing once during cooking, 25 to 35 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk lime juice with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Add sweet potatoes, beans, onion, and cilantro; mix gently to combine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION