Recipe by yogiclarebear
Easy and healthy salmon chowder in the slow cooker. Feel free to kick up the veggies, just be sure to add extra broth or water to compensate.
Top Review by castlesburning
This is great! I used 3/4 c celery, 1/2 c carrots, 1/4 c onion. I used elftover baked salmon and 4c broth instead of 3, and left out the rice. Added black pepper and garlic powder and some leeks, and the insides of a leftover baked potato, and 1/4 c canned corn. FANTASTIC.
- 340.19 g alaskan salmon, drained and flaked (canned or pouch)
- 85.04 g chopped onions
- 170.09 g chopped celery
- 113.39-141.74 g shoestring carrots
- 709.77 ml fat-free chicken broth
- 226.79 g fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 59.14 ml brown rice
- 14.79 ml dill weed
- 4.92 ml salt (optional)
- 59.14 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- In slow cooker, combine onion, celery, carrots, chicken broth, and rice.
- Cook for about 4-5 hours on LOW.
- When the vegetables are soft to your preference, turn the slow cooker to high, add the cream cheese, and stir until melted.
- Add the salmon, spices, and ¼ cup water. Stir. Cook about 10-20 more minutes on high, stirring occasionally.