Recipe by Lainey6605
This is from Taste of Home. It has only four ingredients, and they all go into the crockpot at once. The meat is nicely seasoned and makes its own gravy. It tastes wonderful when you serve it over mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Annacia
mmmm,mmmm, Good! So simple and so hearty and satisfying. I gave it 8 hrs on low and it was so tender that no knife was needed. As I didn't have any round steak I used a rump roast. The gravy I did thicken with 1 1/2 tsps of cornstarch, just to suite our preferences, but the flavor needed no adjustment in any way. I always brown a roast before I put it in the Slow Cooker and that was the only work to this recipe and even that is a option. This is an adopted tag for Sharon 1-2-3 in the Zaar Tag game. Sharon, I wish I could send you a big portion of this!
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless round steak
- 1 1⁄4 ounces dry onion soup mix
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- mashed potatoes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; place in a 3-quart slow cooker.
- Add mushrooms and onions to crockpot.
- Combine soup mix, soup and water; pour over beef. I often used two packets of the soup mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with mashed potatoes, if desired.