Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 5 1⁄2 lbs pot roast
- In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water.
- Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
- Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
Join The Conversation
I'm making this for the zillionth time! Today, I used the usual Angus Chuck roast with nice marbeling, maybe 3 1/2-4 lbs., 2 cans of COM, 1 package of regular onion soup mix, red wine instead of water, garlic, salt & a bit of pepper on the roast & a pinch of Thyme, as too much will make it all about the Thyme. I also used fresh mushrooms instead of canned. The meat will cook for 8 1/2 hours, always on low. Rice pilaf & a fresh veg like string beans will complete the meal. I love this recipe!