Beef Stroganoff - Crock Pot
photo by limeandspoontt
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 10mins
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed cream of onion soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 6 cups hot cooked noodles or 6 cups rice, for serving,if desired
- Mix beef, onion, soups, mushrooms and pepper into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Stir cream cheese and sour cream into beef mixture until cream cheese is melted.
- Serve beef mixture over noodles.
Yummy. I just finished making it for dinner. I actually turned off the pot after 7hrs cause it was already very deliciously tender. I marinated the meat the night before w/ worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper. I didn't have onion soup so I added 2 cans of cream of mushroom, fresh sliced mushrooms and sliced onions instead of diced. After adding the sour cream, add the cream cheese little by little according to your liking. It may not need the whole 8 oz.
Turned out awesome! I caramelized my onions before throwing them in the crockpot so I got an extra sweetness from them once it was done. I also used about 5oz of sour cream instead of 8. I threw in garlic powder, accent and salt for a bit of extra flavor. (I also used a 3.5lb roast) and it made a TON of food! Even my 1 year old loved this!
This was very tasty! I used two cans of cream of mushroom soup because we live in the boonies and I didn't have another reason to go into town. I used red onion. The cream cheese and sour cream made it very thick, I added about 2/3 c of milk to thin it out right before serving. Also added 1 tsp of Kitchen bouquet for more beef flavor. Served over homemade egg noodles. Delicious!
We enjoyed this dish. It wasn't quite the same as my mom's beef stroganoff but it came pretty close. I added a couple of tablespoons of worcestershire sauce. I also used nonfat cream cheese and sour cream and low fat canned soup. The sauce was a bit runny so I am taking off one star. Don't know why that happened--maybe because I used nonfat ingredients? It had a great taste anyway and I will make this again. Thanks for posting.