Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
Found on allrecipe, it was submitted by leith123
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 1 lb flank steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 large green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- rice, cooked
- Place flank steak and cornstarch into a resealable plastic bag.
- Shake the bag to evenly coat the flank steak with the cornstarch.
- Allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir steak until evenly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Place onion, garlic, flank steak, green onions, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ginger, and hoisin sauce in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low setting for about 4 hours.
- Serve with steamed rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Fast, amazing rich, thick gravy and tender pieces of beef. The only thing different I did was cut the brown sugar in half as was worried it'd be do sweet for DH's taste. It was a good move as it was just right. Served over steamed white rice and served with a lovely Washington Red wine, made for a lovely evening meal after a busy day of working outside - thanks so much for this post