Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A simple, cooling mushroom salad via Finland. Adapted slightly.
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Heat 1 inch salted water to boiling, using 1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water. Add mushrooms. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 minute. Drain and chill.
- Mix all remaining ingredients. Pour over mushrooms and toss. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve in lettuce cups if desired.
MMMMMMMMMMM! I loved this and have had it in my cookbook for a long time. I will be honest and say that I didnt chill it for 1 hour. I was too hungry. But this was still amazing. Thanks so much Evelyn! This is a do-over recipe!
What a great salad! My only complaint is that the servings are so small...guess I'll have to make a double batch next time. I used green onions instead of chives; I thought they tasted good in this. Thanks for posting this, Evelyn.
I'm a big fan of mushrooms and I just loved this. Best of all, it can be whipped up in minutes! I really liked the idea of boiling the mushrooms for 1 minute; it gave them a nice texture...not cooked yet not raw. I used chopped scallions instead of the chives. I used whipping cream....I think half and half wouldn't cling as well. Thanx for sharing this recipe. It's a keeper that I'll make again!