Warm Asparagus Mushroom Salad with Goat Cheese & Balsamic Dressi
- Ready In:
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 cups mixed baby greens
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus& cook in your favourite manner (steam, boil, roast, your choice but I highly recommend Pan Roasted Asparagus- recipe#84345) until tender-crisp.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl& set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large non stick skillet.
- Stir fry mushrooms until golden& no liquid remains, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic& red peppers& stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add dressing& 2 tbsps of the dill; cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange asparagus& greens on the plate, top with dressing& goat cheese; sprinkle remaining dill.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">