Japanese-Style Marinated Mushroom Salad
photo by mommyluvs2cook
- Ready In:
- 100 g baby asian greens
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mirin
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 600 g button mushrooms, trimmed
- Make marinated mushrooms: Place soy, mirin, peanut oil, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a glass or ceramic bowl, and stir until well-combined. Add mushrooms and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Place Asian greens, cucumber, capsicum and marinated mushrooms in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Serve as an accompaniment to lamb, beef or chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good! The mushrooms were terrific. I used a slotted spoon to combine the marinated mushrooms with everything else. There was just enough dressing that way without making the greens soggy. I used spinach for the greens. I may add some chopped scallions next time. This is a nice side salad, but would also be great for lunch. Thanx for sharing!
Delicious salad that even appealed to my non-mushroom eaters. I made half a batch (but used the whole amount of my adored sesame oil). My mushrooms were large, so I quartered them. Before serving, I drained off the marinade and then re-added some as a dressing. I served the salad over the greens and garnished with chopped green onion. Yummo!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
July 2008 update: VERY happy to be back on Zaar after about a two year absence due to having had no internet connection at home, and having been too unwell for a time so that getting re-connected wasn't even a priority! <br> <br>And really looking forward to getting back into the Zaar world and connecting again with the many wonderful people I knew before, and new people, of course!