Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
So creamy and delicious. My favorite version is from the Caribbean Soup Company, and I've tried to copy their recipe. This is so good on a cold day! Add scallops if you like to the first part!
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces crab claw meat, sorted
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can shrimp broth
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over medium high heat, saute the shrimp, crab,onions, garlic, and bell peppers in the butter for about 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add the soups, corn, broth, milk/cream, cream cheese, rosemary, thyme, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with french bread.
This was wonderful! Pure comfort. I made this exactly as written except for using imitation crab in place of the crab claw meat.For the broth I used French 75. We'll definitely be having this again. Made for Photo Tag.
What a great tasting chowder this is! I made the recipe as given, even though I was very generous with the corn! Really enjoyed the crab & shrimp in this chowder & will be making it again for New Year's Eve! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits tag]
I have not yet tried this recipe, but I know that it also should have cillantro in it. I asked the cook once when I was there. It is my favorite soup and now I get it every time I go.