Recipe by breezermom
So creamy and delicious. My favorite version is from the Caribbean Soup Company, and I've tried to copy their recipe. This is so good on a cold day! Add scallops if you like to the first part!
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
This was wonderful! Pure comfort. I made this exactly as written except for using imitation crab in place of the crab claw meat.For the broth I used recipe#328469. We'll definitely be having this again. Made for Photo Tag.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces crab claw meat, sorted
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can shrimp broth
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot over medium high heat, saute the shrimp, crab,onions, garlic, and bell peppers in the butter for about 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add the soups, corn, broth, milk/cream, cream cheese, rosemary, thyme, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with french bread.