30 Minute Smoked Sausage and Corn Chowder
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, fully cooked, sliced 1/8
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans vegetable broth, 14 1/2-ounces
- 2 cups o'brien frozen potatoes
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- In large saucepan, cook onions in oil over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in sausage, broth, potatoes, corn and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in cream; heat through.
- Garnish with additional sliced green onions, if desired.
Join The Conversation
We loved this quick chowder! I used Andouille sausage which added a nice kick, and substituted smoked paprika for the Cayenne. As some other reviewers suggested, I added veggies for color and nutritional value (yellow bell pepper, celery, carrot) and a handful of grated sharp cheddar with the addition of the cream. Delicious!