Recipe by mickie49
This makes some of the best hot sandwiches. Delicious, deeply flavored beef with rich aujus for dipping. Put it together in the morning and come home to a great meal! We like it with a green salad and some chips on the side. I'm not sure where this came from- maybe the food network or some magazine. The left-overs(if there are any) freeze well. Thaw, thicken the aujus and add any remaining meat and serve over rice or noodles.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
Reviewed 21Oct09: This was so easy and SO GOOD. I used a rump roast instead of a chuck roast, but otherwise made as directed. Without dipping the sandwich in the Au jus it was just ok, but dipped in it was just awesome. Great supper! Excited to have the leftovers tomorrow! Thanks for posting :) Updated 10Mar10: I made these delicious sandwiches again tonight, and sauteed some mushrooms and onions to top theses off with -- EXCELLENT. It took the sandwiches to the next level. (I did lose some of my toppings when I was dipping the sandwich, but I just fished them out with my fork). :)
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 8 -10 kimmelwick rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut roast in half, place pieces into crockpot.
- Combine canned soups with bouillon granules.
- DO NOT DILUTE SOUPS!
- Pour over meat.
- Cover, cook on low 8 hours.
- Remove meat from crockpot,shred with forks.
- Skim fat from aujus in crockpot.
- Return meat to crockpot,to rewarm.
- Pile meat on rolls.
- Serve juice as dipping sauce on the side.