Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is the best potato and onion dish I've ever tried. I found the base recipe from allrecipes.com and doctored it up my way. I've even added cooked diced ham to this and it was outstanding! Enjoy! :o)
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 177.44 ml onion, chopped
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml flour
- 414.03 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 3.69 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml bacon bits
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml thyme
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish, layer potatoes and onion. (Layer ham also if you have decided to add it.)
- In a saucepan, melt the butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add broth, mayo, parmesan, bacon bits, garlic, thyme, and 1/4 cup of the cheddar; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with paprika and rest of cheddar.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours or until tender.
Very tasty and easy. I was out of cheddar, so went without. This is my comfort-food and it's even better as leftovers, reheated in the oven.
Very good. Everyone loved them. Very easy to put together.
My husband raved about these. They were worth the effort and 2 hours it took to cook them. Will definitely make again. Thank You!