Recipe by bcfdwife
This is the best potato and onion dish I've ever tried. I found the base recipe from allrecipes.com and doctored it up my way. I've even added cooked diced ham to this and it was outstanding! Enjoy! :o)
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 177.44 ml onion, chopped
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml flour
- 414.03 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 3.69 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml bacon bits
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml thyme
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish, layer potatoes and onion. (Layer ham also if you have decided to add it.)
- In a saucepan, melt the butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add broth, mayo, parmesan, bacon bits, garlic, thyme, and 1/4 cup of the cheddar; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with paprika and rest of cheddar.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours or until tender.