This is the most awesomely delicious beef dish I've ever tried! Truly easy and honestly loved by every member of my family...In fact my 19 year old daughter, Jamie, asks for it specifically every time she visits, and I even won over the in-laws with this one! Simply amazing flavor, I promise! Jamie can be trusted -- she's a picky eater and she loves this!!! :)
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 3⁄4 cup red wine (or Sherry)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup canned beef broth (depending on if you choose to use the wine or not)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 - 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms (put in last hour of cooking)
- 1 lb kluski noodles, cooked, drained and buttered (or Reame's frozen noodles)
- Mix all ingrendients together in a covered casserole dish (except for the mushrooms that you will need to add the last hour of cooking).
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 3 hours.
- Add sliced, fresh mushrooms during last hour of cooking.
- Serve over prepared Kluski or Reame's noodles.
- 2ND OPTION: Instead of baking in an oven, you can also prepare this in a Crock Pot and cook on LOW for 8 hours (adding the mushrooms during the last hour.) Serve over prepared noodles, as per recipe, when done.
- NOTE: To make the gravy a bit thicker, take 1 tablespoons flour and mix with 1 tablespoons water, then add in when you add the mushrooms and be sure to stir well.
- YUM! :).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was pretty good. My husband thought it was excellent. I thought it was a little bland as is, so I added some things. I added 6 cloves minced garlic, fresh ground black pepper, Worcestershire sauce,shallots, a pinch of sugar, and a bay leaf. I put the mushrooms in with everything else. I added a bit of Minute tapioca the last half hour( 2 tablespoons) to thicken it up a bit. I omitted the beef broth completely and added the 3/4 cup of red wine(Burgundy) and I cooked mine in the crock pot. I served it over Country Pasta egg noodles and sprinkled it with some fresh minced parsley to give it some color and served steamed broccoli on the side. A good dinner, thank you for the recipe.Reply
This was absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS!! Perfect gravy ... fantastic flavors ... we served with mashed taters and a veggie. And it couldn't be easier to make!! As a side, I probably wouldn't serve this to company as it looks like dog food (to me) but the taste definitely makes up for it!! Will put this in the rotation!!Reply