Recipe by Derf
Stroganoff with the calories cut way back! Great taste! From Cooking Light.
Top Review by brushjl
thanks, food.com, for preserving old cooking light recipes. this russian beef stroganoff was really good, i didn't find it soupy at all. i served with a pasta side and it was great. the secret is in finding good quality flank steak. i have never seen anything like this in any part of the former soviet union, however, i don't think there's any such thing as flank steak there.
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 (1/4 lb) flank steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice is cooking, cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Combine steak and cornstarch in a small bowl, toss well.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium high heat.
- Add steak, saute 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, and saute for 1 minute.
- Add mushroom, cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Add beef broth, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and parsley.
- Serve with rice.