Wonderful taste, serve with roast potatoes and green beans. (30 minute marinating time not included in cook time) from Cooking light
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup merlot or 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat grill or broiler Combine first 7 ingredients (onion through garlic),in a large zip lock plastic bag.
- Add steak, seal bag.
- Marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes, turning once.
- (can be marinated overnight, if desired) Remove steak from bag, reserve marinade.
- Place steak on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray, cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices, keep warm.
- While steak cooks,combine reserved marinade, tomato paste, and mustard in a medium saucepan over medium high heat, stirring well with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to 1 cup (about 7 minutes).
- Serve the sauce with the steak.