1/2 Photos of Rosemary - Merlot Flank Steak
Wonderful taste, serve with roast potatoes and green beans. (30 minute marinating time not included in cook time) from Cooking light
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 3/4 cup merlot or 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1Preheat grill or broiler Combine first 7 ingredients (onion through garlic),in a large zip lock plastic bag.
- 2Add steak, seal bag.
- 3Marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes, turning once.
- 4(can be marinated overnight, if desired) Remove steak from bag, reserve marinade.
- 5Place steak on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray, cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- 6Let stand 5 minutes.
- 7Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices, keep warm.
- 8While steak cooks,combine reserved marinade, tomato paste, and mustard in a medium saucepan over medium high heat, stirring well with a whisk.
- 9Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to 1 cup (about 7 minutes).
- 10Serve the sauce with the steak.
Browse Our Top British Columbian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary - Merlot Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 415.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning