Recipe by MrsKnox2016
Fall means SOUP! I can't wait to try this one...sounds creamy and hearty. I think I'll serve this with a huge loaf of crusty french bread and a warm blanket with my sweetie. Let me know what you think...courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens.
- 16 ounces frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups red peppers, chopped
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup crabmeat, cooked and deboned
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw frozen corn and pat dry with paper towel. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease the foil.
- Spread corn evenly on pan, then roast at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway.
- In a large dutch oven, cook onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Add the corn, 3 cans of broth, thyme and ground red pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a jar with a lid, combine remaining chicken broth and the flour. Cover and shake well. Add to soup and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Stir cream into soup and heat through. Stir in crabmeat, then serve.