Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fall means SOUP! I can't wait to try this one...sounds creamy and hearty. I think I'll serve this with a huge loaf of crusty french bread and a warm blanket with my sweetie. Let me know what you think...courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens.
- Thaw frozen corn and pat dry with paper towel. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease the foil.
- Spread corn evenly on pan, then roast at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway.
- In a large dutch oven, cook onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Add the corn, 3 cans of broth, thyme and ground red pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a jar with a lid, combine remaining chicken broth and the flour. Cover and shake well. Add to soup and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Stir cream into soup and heat through. Stir in crabmeat, then serve.