New Sweet Potato Cobbler
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a dutch oven, cook sweet potatoes in boiling water until almost tender.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the water and place in a deep baking dish.
- Pour the remaining liquid from the dutch oven over the sweet potatoes in the baking dish.
- Combine sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, orange zest and orange juice.
- Pour over the sweet potatoes.
- Dot top of potatoes with butter.
- Cover potatoes with the pie crust and pinch all edges.
- Cut slits in the top of the crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake 15-20 additional minutes.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe intrigued me greatly, as i love orange as well as sweet potato. But I was very disappointed with the finished product. Perhaps the orange juice and zest could be decreased or a little salt could be added. My BF and I eat a lot of sweets and this one just sat in the fridge becoming a glutinous mess with a soggy top. I think it can be improved on, just not sure where to start.
I didn't have a pie crust but the combination of ingredients intrigued me so I mashed up together all the ingredients except the pie crust and put into a dish and in the oven. It was very nice! Could be eaten as is or used for the base of a sweet potato casserole with the pecan topping on top! Thanks yum!