1/1 Photo of Riz Au Vin - Rice in White Wine
A different way of preparing rice and a great accompaniment to roasted meats and game. From the book "The French Farmhouse Kitchen" by Eileen Reece.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and chop the onion medium - fine. Peel the carrot and chop into a small dice.
- 2Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat, when foaming, saute the onion and carrot until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- 3Add the rice and stir well to coat, season, stir in the majoram, beef broth and wine.
- 4Cover, reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid is absorbed, ca.15 minutes, depending on the quality of the rice. If this happens before the rice is cooked, add 1 - 2 tsp of hot water.
- 5Correct the seasonings, empty the rice into a heated bowl and sprinkle with parmesan if desired. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Medium-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Medium-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Riz Au Vin - Rice in White Wine
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.5
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 129.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g